If you love your car, it is extremely important that you have a protected garage with a well-functional garage door to keep your car secure.
It is equally important that you know to perform garage door repair works if something goes wrong with your system. The automatic overhead garage door works on torsion springs which are not easy to handle. It is strongly suggested that hire professional garage door companies like, Greensboro NC Garage Door Repair to perform such repairing tasks. However, if you are passionate to perform garage door repair projects on your own, some of the essential steps that you might follow are:
- Make sure that the metal tracks of the garage door are not loose, and that the screws and bolts inside the mounting brackets are tightened. If you find that track is damaged badly, replace it.
- Make sure that garage door tracks are aligned correctly. Both tracks must be at the same height as the walls of the garage door. While inspecting the garage door, if you find that the tracks are not aligned, just loosen the bolts to tap the tracks to their original position. Don’t forget to tighten the bolts once you have done.
- Make sure that garage door tracks are cleaned properly. You may use any mild household cleaner to remove the dirt, dust, or grease. Clean the rollers and tracks thoroughly and then wipe out them to dry.
- Lubricate the garage door components including the tracks, rollers, and hinges using any high-quality lubricant or silicone spray to make sure that they will work smoothly.
- During garage door repair projects, make sure that all loose hardware is tightened as required. For a swing-up garage door system, check the plates where springs are installed to make sure that they are tensed properly.
- If the garage door opener shows signs of malfunctioning, then fix it by servicing the hinges. Furthermore, the wood on which the hinges are mounted is not chipped or cracked.
- Check the springs to make sure that they are tensed properly. To adjust the tension, they should be hooked into the next notch or hole on each side of a garage door. If you face any difficulty while performing this task, call professional garage door experts.
- In case, garage door springs are controlled by cables on a pulley system, you should try to adjust the tension by pulling the cable further through the plate above the garage door. Re-knot the end to adjust the tension of the springs.
- It is extremely important to note here that call professional garage door experts if your garage door has one torsion spring placed at the center of the garage door. Never try to handle it on your own because the tension of spring might hurt you.
- An automatic garage door opener consists of reversible sensors that drive the garage door along a rail. The opener is connected to a drawbar that operates to limit the travel path of the garage door. These sensors and openers reverse the garage door when something is get trapped under the garage door. While fixing these gadgets, make sure that you have knowledge of this type of mechanism. It is strongly recommended that hire a professional garage door technician to restore the performance of the malfunctioning garage door.